Time: 2020 October 30 – November 1
Venue: Tsinghua University
Dear Participants of TLLM 2020,
Based on the evolving coronavirus situation across the world and the availability of our invited speakers, we have decided to reschedule TLLM 2020 for October 30-November 1. We will stay with the original plan: two tutorials on Oct 30 (by Gennaro Chierchia on “Monotonicity in Natural Language” and Jakub Szymanik on “Monotonicity in Logic”), and another two days workshop with presentations by contributors and invited speakers. One of our invited speakers Jo-Wang Lin unfortunately cannot join us but the other three (Gennaro Chierchia, Floris Roelofsen and Jakub Szymanik) are confirmed to attend.
We have also decided to start calling for full papers for publication in the FoLLI LNCS series with Springer. We have reached an agreement with Springer: to have the proceedings available online on SpringerLink by the time the workshop starts, we need to hand in the manuscript by September 1. It means that we (and the reviewers) need to get the first submission by May 1 to start the review process. In other words, we have the following updated timeline.
- First submission: May 1
- Reviews by: July 1
- Final submission: August 15
- Final manuscript to Springer: September 1
- Workshop: October 30-November 1
A few more things to clarify;
(1) Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their full papers. Submissions are expected to be around 15-20 pages, and submitted within the Eesychair system (To submit a full paper, you can upload your paper in easychair after logging into the TLLM 2020 site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tllm2020) as “author” and then clicking “update file” (to replace your abstract with the full paper).). On the other hand, authors of the accepted abstracts are FREE not to submit a full paper for their own reasons.
(2) As hinted above, we will run one more round of the review on the full papers, so we do not guarantee that all the full papers will be accepted in the proceedings. Meanwhile, authors of the accepted abstracts previously are invited to attend the workshop and present their ideas, no matter it is a full paper or an abstract.
(3) Inviting full paper submission before the workshop is our decision under this year’s special circumstances. We will resume our original plan in the future. We hope that we have your understanding.
If there is any question or need, please let us know.
Workshop organizers: Fenrong Liu, Dun Deng, Mingming Liu, Dag Westerståhl