The 4th Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic, 20-21 October, 2018, Beijing
Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic (AWPL) is an event-series initiated by a group of Asian logicians, and in 2012 the first installment took place at the JAIST in Japan. It is devoted to promote awareness, understanding, and collaborations among researchers in philosophical logic and related fields. The workshop emphasizes the interplay of philosophical ideas and formal theories. Topics of interest include non-classical logics, philosophical logics, algebraic logics, and their applications in computer science, cognitive science, and social sciences. The second and third workshop took place successfully in Guangzhou (2014) and Taipei (2016), respectively. And the two post conference proceedings were published in the Studia Logica book series “Logic in Asia” (http://www.springer.com/series/13080?detailsPage=titles) with Springer.
The Fourth Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic (AWPL 2018) will be held in Beijing, China, on 20-21 October 2018, organized by the Tsinghua-UvA Joint Research Centre for Logic at Tsinghua University.
– Bo An (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
– Sergei Artemov (City University of New York, United States)
– Kamal Lodaya (The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, India)
– Tomoyuki Yamada (Hokkaido University, Japan)
– Melvin Fitting (City University of New York, United States)
– Nick Bezhanishvili, University of Amsterdam
– Sujata Ghosh, Indian Statistical Institute
– Jiahong Guo, Beijing Normal University
– Meiyun Guo, South-West University, China
– Fengkui Ju, Beijing Normal University
– Kok-Yong Lee, National Chung Cheng University
– Beishui Liao, Zhejiang University
– Hanti Lin, University of California Davis
– Fenrong Liu, Tsinghua University, chair
– Hu Liu, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
– Xinwen Liu, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
– Minghui Ma, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
– Hiroakira Ono, JAIST, chair
– Eric Pacuit, University of Maryland
– Olivier Roy, University of Bayreuth
– Katsuhiko Sano, Hokkaido University
– Yi N. Wang, Zhejiang University
– Chin-Mu Yang, Taiwan National University
– Jiji Zhang, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
– Xuan Li, Tsinghua University
– Haibin Gui, Tsinghua University
– Xiaoxuan Fu, Tsinghua University
– Xiaoan Wu, Tsinghua University
– Junhua Yu, Tsinghua University, chair
The AWPL is co-located with the workshop “Tsinghua meets CUNY” that will take place on 19 October 2018, all AWPL participants are invited to join that event too.
- The program and poster of AWPL 2018.
- The slides of our invited speaker Professor Melvin Fitting.
- Group Photo: